Hi,
I am looking for an Altec component cabinet. Does it have a model number like the JBL C58 Delphi?
Please seet upload photo.
Cheers,
Horacio
Hi,
I am looking for an Altec component cabinet. Does it have a model number like the JBL C58 Delphi?
Please seet upload photo.
Cheers,
Horacio

Hate to throw cold water on your search, but in my 50 years of using Altec gear I have never seen one.
Does that give you any idea how hard your search will be?
Not many were ever made. You would probably be better off to show the pics to a good cabinet maker and have him build you something.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Thanks, I had that feeling too. There are some C58 Delphi for sale but they weight 139 Lbs and the prices for shipping keep skyrocketing like there is no tomorrow. I'll contact a cabinet maker.
Cheers,
Horacio
- - - Updated - - -
I have too choices, a C58 Delphi, the one that I am considering costs $1K plus $330 for crating and shipping. I goes well with the Valencias.
The second choice would be to use my cabinet maker. Walnut veneered plywood sheets - 4 x 8 - are $139 and up plus labor.
Cheers,
Horacio
This lists the various model #: http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...ome/page15.jpg
Flamenco for sale: VINTAGE 1967 ALTEC stereo console cabinet ~ matches FLAMENCO speakers - $250.00 | PicClick
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
That cabinet for sale seems like it?s very close to the one shown in the OP?s ad, if not the same exact model.
I wonder how other speakers besides the Flamenco would look with it
Yes, AFAIK there were no newer versions, just the originals plus a third cab option [Flamenco II]: http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...ome/page14.jpg
Both sets, especially the Milano, were quite popular around here because there'd been a 'Mediterranean' and 'Danish' decorating craze in the late '60s and as late as 2k, folks were still gutting them either for DIY projects or mostly for resale since component prices were starting to skyrocket, but otherwise then as now, either custom made or prefab [kitchen] cabinets were the norm with IKEA being the most popular among DIYers nowadays:
Custom console: diyAudio
1963 RCA mono console re-purposed: diyAudio
If I ever get around to it, am planning to use these to corner load a pair of 511/421-8H as no way it's worth my time/ [lack of] patience at this price:
SEKTION Corner wall cabinet frame - white - IKEA
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Bookmarks